Wednesday, November 17, 2010



How do you determine what you will charge for a crochet piece?

How much should we charge when selling crochet work? The formula I went by was double the cost of your materials plus half. I never the thought that was enough, so used the formula as a starting point only.

Crochet is under appreciated with the time that it takes to make larger projects. It can take several weeks or longer to make a large afghan. The same is true when making doily's. Intricate lace can take days and weeks to complete depending on the size.  


Crochet lace doily's have always been my favorite to crochet. When I would sell my work at craft events, people would tell me that it was so expensive. Many of the doily's may take two days or more to complete a doily! I wondered how many of them would go to work for $15 or $25 over two days. $15-$25 was an average price that I asked for each doily. To me the doily's were under-priced! There were always some that would pay the price I was asking. 

Realistically you will not be able to get all of your time, just don't forget to include some of your time in the price of your work.  People who sell their handmade crochet tend to under price their work. I challenge everyone selling crochet to ask just a little bit more. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

nghe nhạc trực tuyếnNấu món chay | học nấu ăn DJ - Ảnh đẹp | xalotinnhanh