Wednesday, May 28, 2014


Something big is on the horizon guys, and I think you are going to be very excited about it. Coming to the Oxygen Network in October is Nail'd It!, a nail art competition show! I was recently invited to LA to tour the set, meet the host and a few of the judges, and get the scoop on the upcoming show.

Read on for all the details!

First things first: what I wore
Obviously, one of the first things I had to figure out when I found out I would be touring the set of a nail art show was what I was going to wear on my own nails! I chose to go with the bright, bold approach and created this look with Orly Feel the Vibe neons.


Arriving on set
I wasn't the only one lucky enough to take this behind the scenes tour! As we all began to arrive on set, I was ecstatic to get to meet some of my favorite nail artists in person: @stephstonenails@chelseaqueen, @nail_swag@juliegbeauty, and @modnails. We got to sit in the judges chairs, watch the contestants do their thing for a bit, and had the opportunity to speak with the host and judges. There was a lot of fangirling involved in every part of the experience.


Adrienne Bailon: From nail art fan to host
You may be familiar with Adrienne Bailon from 3LW, The Cheetah Girls, her daytime talk show The Real, or her line of vegan nail polish, but did you know she is a huge fan of bold nail art herself? She was rocking some great 3D nails when we met up with her on set. Her enthusiasm for the art form really came across as she talked about what it was like to host Nail'd It.

I asked Adrienne what surprised her most about being a part of the show. She answered, "How much you could do [with nail art]. It shocked me and surprised me every time. Every episode I'd get a script and I'd be like 'No way. That's so dope.'" She added, "It is very much self expressive. [Nail art] says so much about the person."

When asked about what the competitors were like, she said, "It's surprising. Nail artists have a great network between them. They know a lot about each other, now with social media and Instagram... There's a network of them and they're just like nice people. We'll ask the competitors to tell us what they think of their competitor's nails and the girls will be like 'She did an amazing job, her lines are so clean.' It's very rare that we'll get one that's catty. ... It's all about the art for them."


Chatting with the judges
One of the best parts of the set visit, for me, was getting to meet some of the judges. Speaking with them about the show and the industry was incredible. These are people that I've looked up to for quite some time now, and I have the highest respect for what they do.

Jan Arnold, co-founder of CND, spoke about the current state of the nail industry. "We're now in this major need where we now need nailpros to satisfy the demand of the consumers. It's not just that they love color, they love nail art. Every age."

When asked about her participation in Nail'd It, Jan said, "The reason I agreed to be a judge on this show is the executive producer said, 'Our three goals: 1. We want this to be really fun. 2. We want to cast a spotlight on these amazing artists that are doing these miniature masterpieces. 3. We really want to showcase nails as a rich career.' So I was like, 'Done. Done done done.'"

Industry veteran and Essie educator Terrance Terry teared up a little as he added, "To just be a part of something that is very positive and that brings out a lot of energy... I'm happy to be a part of this."


Tune in to Nail'd It!
Nail'd It! will air on Oxygen Network in early October. Each episode will feature three competitors vying for the win and the opportunity to compete in the two episode, "battle royale" season finale (and $100,000!). I encourage you all to watch it. From what I've seen, it's going to be fantastic!

Disclosure: Travel for the set visit was provided to me by Oxygen. I was compensated to promote the show via social media, but all opinions are my own. I'd want you guys to know about this anyway! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

nghe nhạc trực tuyếnNấu món chay | học nấu ăn DJ - Ảnh đẹp | xalotinnhanh