Wednesday, August 27, 2014


Last week, OPI challenged me to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. In lieu of dumping the ice water on my head (eek... I'm chicken!), I chose to donate $100 to ALSA.org and do this nail art inspired by the ALS awareness ribbon, which is blue pinstripes on a white base.

ALS, or Lou Gehrig's Disease, is a disease that has personally impacted my life, as my grandpa passed away from a few years ago. I made my donation in his memory. If you have a moment, ALSA.org's easy-to-read summary of the disease is worth a read.


In this nail art, I used:
Nicole by OPI Yoga Then Yogurt
DIOSA I Sea You

For the pinstripes, I used my new Pure Color No. 9 striper brush from Stylish Nail Art Shop. I loved using this brush for my freehand pinstripes -- it created super super thin lines. The trick was keeping a steady hand, since the thinness of the lines showed every wiggle!


Thanks OPI for the challenge nomination! I nominate my sister Kelsey, Laura at Polish All the Nails, and Leslie at Work Play Polish.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

nghe nhạc trực tuyếnNấu món chay | học nấu ăn DJ - Ảnh đẹp | xalotinnhanh