Friday, August 22, 2014


I know I just said that I don't often do leopard print nails, but this one is a little different than my usual leopard fare. I recently received a couple of the new Jesse's Girl Satin Finish nail polishes to try out, and thought it would be a good time to try out some satin vs. glossy tone-on-tone nail art. I paired Jesse's Girl Black Satin with a black nail polish for the leopard details.


Polishes used:
Jesse's Girl Black Satin (satin grey) - 2 coats
American Apparel Hassid (black)

I really liked the formula on the Jesse's Girl satin polish. I applied two coats, then gave it a bit to dry down to it's satin finish. Then, using a small nail art brush, I painted on the leopard pattern freehand. You could also paint your nail art with topcoat for a more subtle effect, but I decided to use black to make the print pop.

The final effect is something kind of velvety, with a tiny bit of raised texture coming from the lack of topcoat. I really, really love it.


Have you ever tried combining glossy polishes with matte/satin shades? I really should try to do it more often, the effect is totally killer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

nghe nhạc trực tuyếnNấu món chay | học nấu ăn DJ - Ảnh đẹp | xalotinnhanh