Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Recycled Heart Craft


I ran across a great tutorial on how to make a heart wreath and it got my brain jogging.  I remembered a snowflake craft that I had seen in a magazine, so I modified it for hearts.
What came out was this cool ornament looking thingy.  Doesn’t that sound enticing?
IMG_2757
You will need a toilet paper roll, paint, pipe cleaner, hole punch, paint brush, and scissors.
IMG_2763

IMG_2739
Have your kids paint the toilet paper roll.  Paint it inside and out.  While the paint is wet you can add glitter, but I wasn’t about to do with these three.
IMG_2747
IMG_2748
After the paint has dried bend the roll in the shape of a heart.
IMG_2750
Cut the roll into strips about 3/4 of an inch wide.  Use the hole punch to make a hole.  I made mine a tad under the halfway mark.
IMG_2752
Thread your pipe cleaner through the holes on all of the pieces.
IMG_2758
Twist the pipe cleaner together and ta-da, you have one cute decoration and a proud kid.
IMG_2763
This is great for Valentine’s Day or any time you want to make some hearts.  Let’s face it, hearts are cute and a great reminder of love.  Everyone needs some in their life.
Source: @momtriedit.net

0 comments:

Post a Comment

nghe nhạc trực tuyếnNấu món chay | học nấu ăn DJ - Ảnh đẹp | xalotinnhanh