Friday, July 25, 2014


Recently, I was doing my usual blog-browsing and I came across this stunning Smitten Polish Summer 2014 collection swatch post from My Nail Polish Obsession. I don't buy too much polish these days, but every so often something will catch my eye and I'll blaze through the checkout process faster than you can say "Do you really need more nail polish?"

Jellyfish Rave is a purple base that is positively packed with holographic microglitters. It sits closer to the blue side of the purple spectrum and is a very flattering shade. I used three coats for the coverage here. The glitters aren't gritty and you may only need one coat of topcoat. I did two for good measure.




Seahorse Rodeo is the first polish I reached for when my order arrived. It's a stunning Caribbean aqua with a high density of holographic microglitters. Three coats shown, plus two coats of topcoat. I think I wore this one for three or four days.




The Oncoming Storm has a royal cobalt blue base with full coverage holographic microglitter mixed in. This one only needed two coats for opacity. I suspect this is because of the darker base. It's the moodiest of the three here but is still very pigmented and lovely.



Look, I just don't have anything bad to say about these. They apply smoothly and evenly, the glitters aren't gritty or topcoat hungry, the pigmentation is perfect and the glitters are very sparkly. Well done Smitten Polish, well done!

The Summer 2014 collection is being restocked this Saturday, 7/26 at 2pm Central time in the Smitten Polish shop. Keep up with Smitten Polish on Facebook for more updates and swatches.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

nghe nhạc trực tuyếnNấu món chay | học nấu ăn DJ - Ảnh đẹp | xalotinnhanh