Wednesday, July 2, 2014


Who can resist a bit of villain nail art? This design is inspired by The Queen of Hearts from Disney's Alice in Wonderland. While she's not my favorite Disney villain (that honor would probably go to Jafar, or Hades), I do like her and have an appreciation for her one-strike ruling style.

Off with their heads!


The thumb is inspired by the front of The Queen's dress. I started with a base of OPI Alpine Snow. Once that had dried completely, I blocked off two large stripes stripes using straight Nail Vinyls. Then, I filled in the left side with American Apparel Hassid, the right side with OPI Coca Cola Red, and the center with OPI In My Back Pocket. I freehanded on the black details in the center with my nail art brush, and removed the vinyls to reveal the white stripes.

The playing card nails are inspired by her card guards, of course! The heart and diamond cards were painted freehand with OPI Coca Cola Red, while the spade and club nails were done with American Apparel Hassid.

The entire manicure is finished with a coat of Seche Vite.



An added bonus... If you remove the thumb from this equation, you have a sweet Las Vegas playing card manicure!



Who's your favorite Disney villain? There are so many great ones to choose from!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

nghe nhạc trực tuyếnNấu món chay | học nấu ăn DJ - Ảnh đẹp | xalotinnhanh